Friday, June 29, 2012

Paper Straw Wreath

I was over looking at my friend Sarah's blog, Sarah Dawn Designs, and she had posted about a wreath she made with paper straws. It was so cute and looked super easy. Since I had tons of straws left over from my kiddo's birthday party I decided to put them to use. So thanks Sarah for the inspiration! Here's how I did it.


1. The supplies- paper straws, a six inch mdf wreath form, and a hot glue gun. I think I used around 175 straws.

2. Cut about 2 inches off roughly 30 straws. Start gluing the straws on the wreath alternating between long and short. I actually found that it was easier to glue down a few long ones, leaving a small space between each, and then glue down the short straws.

3. After I was done I thought it looked a little too flat so I decided to add more straws.

4. Cut about an inch off the remainder of the straws so the length is between the short and long straw. Then turn the wreath over and glue them on so they line up in the space between each straw.




After all the straws were on I added a red bow to make it a little more 4th of July-y. BAM, done! It was so easy. From start to finish it only took me one episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which is about 25 mins. Good thing because if it would have taken me any longer I would have had some chubby little fingers trying to help. Have a lovely weekend erbody!

Don't forget to check out Sarah's blog for more great inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I just got a package of green and yellow straws like these yesterday for our wedding! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue turned out so cute! I love the depth you added buy putting the straws on the back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would look with a B in the middle in B's room when 4th is over! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! how creative-Totally LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave me a note? Thank you, I LOVE that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...